CARDO Scala Rider Freecom 1 Solo Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom System
The Cardo Scala rider FREECOM 1 is the new Bluetooth headset in the entrance segment of the renowned manufacturer Cardo. It offers connection to up to 2 mobile phones and a compatible navigation system. The cordless mounting kit for motorcycle helmets can be attached to almost every helmet in just a few minutes and put into operation. The Cardo Scala rider FREECOM 1 is not intercom-capable.
Equipment and features:
Mobile Phone Connection:
• Simultaneous connection of 2 mobile phones
• individually adjustable speed dial number
• Voice-controlled call answering and rejection (Vox technology) - Your hands always remain on the handlebars
• Connection to compatible Bluetooth navigation devices (Bluetooth headset profile required) for transfer of the navigation instructions (e.g. Garmin Zumo, TomTom Rider)
CONNECTIVITY WITH MOBILE DEVICES
- Mobile Phone Operations - make, receive, reject calls; speed-dial
- Bluetooth Connectivity with 2 devices: mobile phone/GPS
- Parallel Audio Streaming – GPS instructions continue during phone calls
- Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) for wireless music streaming
- VOX – Accept/Reject incoming calls hands-free.
- AGC (Automatic Gain Control) – Automatic adjustment of speaker volume level according to ambient noise and riding speed
- Cardo SmartSet™ App for Android and iOS devices
- Cardo Community web platform for settings customization and software updates
- Slim HD 40 mm Stereo Speakers (replaceable)
- Hybrid Microphone
- IP67 Certified – Waterproof and dust proof
- Talk-Time – 13 hours
Just the job
Posted by BrianH on 8th Oct 2017
I went to see Sam for guidance on integrating my in ear speakers to my phone so I could listen to music AND receive calls on the move as the unit I had purchased some time ago wasn't suitable. A bonus would be sound from my satnav. The Scala unit recommended does exactly that at a sensible price. The app made it easy to figure out and the only problem I initially had was an ear-splitting notification bleep every time I adjusted the volume. This resolved itself (bizarrely) although the helpline gave directions on how to. The unit is slim and although I was concerned about additional wind noise there is no difference with it in position. I like the fact that it clips securely to my Neotec rather than being stuck on. Callers are amazed I am riding a motorcycle such is the quality of transmission and the stereo sound quality from music play is no different to any other device. Result!