Harness the flexibility and intelligence of your BMW motorcycle's CANbus electrical system to make installation of accessories drastically easier with the DENALI CANsmart™ Controller. The CANsmart provides for plug-and-play installation of up to four electrical accessories, all controlled through your BMW's existing handlebar switches including the rotary "WunderWheel" multi controller. No more "tacked on" switches or confounding wire routing. In addition, because the CANsmart controls the power distribution functions, there's no need to wire in bulky relays to control your accessories.
DENALI CANsmart Controller Tech & Installation
The CANsmart's four dedicated circuits are pre-programmed to connect to and independently control two sets of auxiliary lights, an auxiliary horn, and an auxiliary brake light. Each accessory circuit is electronically fused and ready to use right out of the box. Free software (for Mac or PC) allows you to customize these circuits, but the default settings will be right for the vast majority of installations.
The two auxiliary light circuits enable independent adjustment of high and low beam brightness right from the vehicles WunderWheel. It also features a "flash to pass" and "strobe when horn active" setting that will strobe the auxiliary lights when you pulse your high beam switch or sound your horn. The feature-rich brake light circuit will transform a simple two-wire brake light into a smart brake light complete with running light, multiple flash pattern, and deceleration activated braking functionality. The horn circuit enables the addition of an auxiliary horn without having to add a relay and dedicated horn wiring harness.
Want more flexibility? We thought you might. You can set any of the four circuits to Simple Circuit Mode, which will disable all custom circuit settings to provide a clean switched 12V circuit to power an accessory of your choice. The electronic fuse is the only active setting so you can properly fuse your accessory.
- True Plug & Play installation
- Offers custom control of your electrical accessories
- 4 dedicated circuits pre-programmed to control two sets of auxiliary lights, an auxiliary horn, & an auxiliary brake light
- Each circuit is electronically fused and preconfigured to use right out of the box
- Features dozens of customizable settings that can be controlled with the factory BMW “WunderWheel“ or CANsmart Accessory Manager Software
- Two light circuits allow independent adjustment of high & low beam brightness with the WunderWheel
- Flash to pass & strobe when horn active can strobe your auxiliary lights when you pulse the high beam or sound your horn
- Compatible with the DENALI B6 Auxiliary Brake Light for integrated running light, multiple flash pattern, deceleration & activated braking functionality
- Permits use of auxiliary horn like the DENALI SoundBomb without having to add a relay or dedicated horn wiring harness
What's in the box:
- CANsmart Controller
- (2) 4ft light extension cables
- 5ft SoundBomb horn extension cable
- Brake light pigtail
- Adhesive hook-and-loop fastener
- Micro USB programing cable
- BMW R1200GS LC '13-'18
- BMW R1200GS LC Adventure '14-'18
- BMW R1200RS '15-'18
- BMW R1200R '15-'18
- BMW R1200RT '14-'18
- When choosing DENALI 2.0 LED Auxiliary Lights for use with the CANsmart system, be sure to order only the light pods themselves. With the CANsmart, the cabling and relay set included in the full kits is not necessary.
- Be sure to connect your CANsmart Plug-N-Play controller into the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) connector near the tail light. Do not use the ABS lean angle connector under the seat. See installation instructions for details.